Are you a first-time expectant parent? Or have you previously experienced challenges while breastfeeding your baby? If so, then this session is designed with you in mind! We will tailor a breastfeeding education session to your individual needs. Together we will help you learn how to successfully breastfeed your baby.
Our antenatal breastfeeding sessions usually run for about 2 hours. The last trimester of your pregnancy is the ideal time to get in touch with us and book a session with one of our wonderful midwives. Breastfeeding classes are only $200.
Possible Breastfeeding Class Topics
- Anatomy of the lactating breast and role of the breastfeeding hormones
- How to position and attach your baby
- Understanding correct attachment
- Importance of the first breastfeed
- What to expect during the first weeks
- Natural patterns of breastfeeding
- How often the baby needs to feed
- Advantages of breastfeeding for mother and baby
- Difficulties that can arise
- Expressing, milk storage and returning to work whilst breastfeeding
- How support people benefit breastfeeding mothers.
Breastfeeding Education sessions are $200. Book today as spots are limited!